No matter where you live in the world, I believe it is vital that we start a fast and right away! It is a season to draw as close to the Lord as we possibly can.
I have been hearing about a need to fast coming from many different camps this past week and had planned to fast later in the month with another group – I will still do that. However, the ongoing assault against the intercessors and ministries on the front-line, not only in our area but everywhere, (from loss of loved ones, to sudden illnesses, to loss of income, to car accidents and on and on) is not abating with prayer alone. Then I must add to that the call to fast by the Lord this past Friday when I was praying for one of the mighty men of God in our city, to me Equals = we need to ramp up our prayers for break-through by adding some good old fashion denying of flesh. That is best done through a fast and I know it cannot wait!!!
The goal of the fast is to get closer to God, listen to Him, seek Him for Him, let the needs be known and allow Him to break down our selfish ways, and ultimately to defeat the enemy. Respond in declarations and proclamations as He reveals things, otherwise simply let Him arise and scatter the enemy as you draw closer and closer to Him.
Since this is quite sudden, which is designed I am sure to take the enemy by surprise, I am asking you join in the fast as best you can as soon as you read this.
Those of you that have fasted with us before know that I leave it to you how deep you wish or need to go into the fast. This season of fasting is immediate through the end of the month. We will fast until Saturday 9-12-15 take a short break and fast 9-17-15 to 9-21-15. I will post any additional dates.
While “fasting” television and electronic diversion is good during this time, it is not what the Lord is calling for. We are doing a food fast. Instead of spending time prepping food and eating, spend time praying and seeking to draw close to God.
Here are ways to fast for various folks that find fasting a physical challenge:
1. If you are taking medications that require food or are under a doctor’s care – please choose “giving up treats” as your fast to the Lord. For example: If you love your cup of coffee in the morning, give that up during this time or anything else that you will greatly miss, but will not affect your meds or health.
2. If you are working and need some energy during the day, a Daniel fast would be recommended or fasting a meal each day.
3. If you must have protein or you become ill, then give up carbs and sugary treats during the fast.
For everyone else choose any combination of fasting for the 7 day period. You can choose to do one thing all the days or a different type of fast each day. You and the Lord need to decided what He is asking of you.
Here are some ways to fast:
1. Daniel Fast: primarily veggies of all kinds, mush (like oatmeal), lentils, beans,
and fruit or nuts in small amounts
2. Juice and broth fast (no solid food,only liquids)
3. Eat only one meal a day – water, juice or broth the other meals
4. Give up one meal a day – eat very simple small meals the other 2 times
5. No food, water only (again, if you are not healthy enough to do this even one day,
choose another fast)
The enemy has to let go of what belongs to the Lord and thereby belongs to us! I see this fast working like a crowbar and prying the enemy’s grubby fingers off of everything he has grabbed. All glory to God because He is the one that will accomplish the victory as we turn to HIM!
Thank you for joining in whether it is one day or the entire season of fasting.
With love and joy to you
Remember to pray for each other!!!